Borderlands creator Gearbox Software will release a new "hero shooter" called Battleborn that will combine first-person shooting with co-op combat, the developer announced today.
Battleborn is: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Battleborn Heroes!— Randy Pitchford (@DuvalMagic) July 8, 2014
The game is set in the distant future, where "the only hope for the last star in a dying universe is a new breed of warriors who must put aside their differences to drive back an unstoppable menace." Battleborn will feature a variety of playable heroes in a narrative-drive, co-op campaign, as well as competitive multiplayer matches. Gearbox Software president Randy Pitchford calls the game a "hero-shooter," as opposed to Borderlands 2's style of "shooter-looter."
"As a genre-fused, hobby-grade, co-operative and competitive FPS exploding with eye-popping style and an imaginative universe, Battleborn is the most ambitious video game that Gearbox has ever created," Pitchford said.
Battleborn will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC in 2015. The game is available for pre-order now.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?