Dungeons & Dragons' Basic Rules are out and free to download on Wizards of the Coast's official site.
Released earlier this month, the Basic Rules are available in two PDFs, including a 110-page, printer-friendly version. Each document discusses three aspects of the pen-and-paper role-playing game: creating a character, playing the game and the nature of magic. In all, the Basic Rules cover the RPG's first 20 levels with the cleric, fighter, rogue and wizard classes.
Earlier this year, Wizards of the Coast announced the fourth expansion to developer Cryptic Studios' massively multiplayer online role-playing game Neverwinter: Tyranny of Dragons, which is set in the D&D universe. At its Aug. 14 release, it will bridge the gap between the video game and tabletop versions, as Dungeons & Dragons brand director Nathan Stewart explained at the time.
"This is a pivotal year for Dungeons & Dragons, and we are thrilled to have Perfect World and Cryptic on board to make Neverwinter a key part of the D&D experience as we transition to the future," Stewart said. "The new Tyranny of Dragons module is just the beginning of us bringing our new serialized entertainment to the fans of both tabletop and digital games."
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Optimus Prime is no longer just a truck, he's a PlayStation
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business