Players in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, reimagined versions of Pokémon Ruby/Pokémon Sapphire, will be able build, customize and share their own personal areas with the Secret Base feature, Nintendo and The Pokémon Co. International announced today.
The area lets users create mazes and traps for visitors to interact with, set Pokémon battle rules and "transform their Secret Base into their own Pokémon Gym." Players will be able to share their Secret Base with other Trainers through the StreetPass functionality or via a QR Code.
When visiting another players base, users can invite the other Trainer back to their own Secret Base as Secret Pals. The more Secret Pals a player has, the more special skills available to help them. Secret Pals can interact, battle and support players in various aspects such as share Decorations, make a Pokémon Egg hatch faster or raise the level of Pokémon.
Bases also contain flags that visiting players can capture, which are located in the Secret PC at each base. Collecting flags boosts a players rank that offers rewards such as improving Secret Pals' skills.
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are set to launch on Nintendo 3DS worldwide this November. Pokémon Ruby/Pokémon Sapphire originally launched late 2002 on Game Boy Advance in Japan, followed by a release in North America in early 2003.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible