Players in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, reimagined versions of Pokémon Ruby/Pokémon Sapphire, will be able build, customize and share their own personal areas with the Secret Base feature, Nintendo and The Pokémon Co. International announced today.
The area lets users create mazes and traps for visitors to interact with, set Pokémon battle rules and "transform their Secret Base into their own Pokémon Gym." Players will be able to share their Secret Base with other Trainers through the StreetPass functionality or via a QR Code.
When visiting another players base, users can invite the other Trainer back to their own Secret Base as Secret Pals. The more Secret Pals a player has, the more special skills available to help them. Secret Pals can interact, battle and support players in various aspects such as share Decorations, make a Pokémon Egg hatch faster or raise the level of Pokémon.
Bases also contain flags that visiting players can capture, which are located in the Secret PC at each base. Collecting flags boosts a players rank that offers rewards such as improving Secret Pals' skills.
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are set to launch on Nintendo 3DS worldwide this November. Pokémon Ruby/Pokémon Sapphire originally launched late 2002 on Game Boy Advance in Japan, followed by a release in North America in early 2003.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- More Dragon Quest games heading to mobile, including the original, very soon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- how do i cross save olliolli from Vita to ps4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"