Players in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, reimagined versions of Pokémon Ruby/Pokémon Sapphire, will be able build, customize and share their own personal areas with the Secret Base feature, Nintendo and The Pokémon Co. International announced today.
The area lets users create mazes and traps for visitors to interact with, set Pokémon battle rules and "transform their Secret Base into their own Pokémon Gym." Players will be able to share their Secret Base with other Trainers through the StreetPass functionality or via a QR Code.
When visiting another players base, users can invite the other Trainer back to their own Secret Base as Secret Pals. The more Secret Pals a player has, the more special skills available to help them. Secret Pals can interact, battle and support players in various aspects such as share Decorations, make a Pokémon Egg hatch faster or raise the level of Pokémon.
Bases also contain flags that visiting players can capture, which are located in the Secret PC at each base. Collecting flags boosts a players rank that offers rewards such as improving Secret Pals' skills.
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are set to launch on Nintendo 3DS worldwide this November. Pokémon Ruby/Pokémon Sapphire originally launched late 2002 on Game Boy Advance in Japan, followed by a release in North America in early 2003.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Bungie pays up $95K to the composer behind Halo
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft
More from Polygon
- I just want a gritty mature MOBA
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- A cool new FPS game for Google Play
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Gun Game Tips
- Polygon YouTube Channel
- Destiny Beta
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Standby Or Off On PS4