Upcoming role-playing game Lords of the Fallen is set to launch on Oct. 28 in North America, the game's distributor Square Enix announced today.
The Dark Souls-like game, which is in development from Polish studio CI Games and Germany's Deck 13, will come to Windows PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems. While Square Enix is acting as the game's distributor, CI Games will remain publisher.
The game sets players in the shoes of a man named Harkyn who lives in a world where "Gods have failed mankind," and where he must take up arms against the Fallen God. Decisions players make will affect their individual storyline and the overall world as they fight among those who both serve and defy the God.
Users can take on the role of a cleric, rogue or warrior class; however, they can later switch between classes after adopting new class-specific armor. Classes each have special moves they can unleash based on action points.
Check out our recent interview with creative director Jan Klose on the development of a game that's being called the European answer to Dark Souls.
Update: Lords of the Fallen will be available Oct. 28 in North America and Oct. 31 in Europe. We've edited the article to reflect this.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song