Kirby: Triple Deluxe mini-game Kirby Fighters — a fighting game in the style of Super Smash Bros — will launch in Japan as a standalone title called Kirby Z Fighters, along with rhythm mini-game King Dedede's Drum Dash, Nintendo announced.
Both games will be available for Nintendo 3DS on July 23 for 750 yen (about $7.38), and neither includes online play. In the original Kirby Fighters, players battle with up to three other players using chosen abilities such as Sword or Ninja. Two power-ups will be locked, unless players already have Triple Deluxe and StreetPass enabled.
Dedede's Drum Dash starred King Dedede as he bounced across drum-filled stages; the game will include new levels.
Triple Deluxe did not have online play, but download play for anyone with a single copy of the game. Other mini-games in Triple Deluxe include The Arena and Dedede Tour.
For more on Kirby: Triple Deluxe, check out our review.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
- Watch classic GoldenEye maps recreated in Rise of the Triad