George R. R. Martin has a message for those who are concerned that he'll die before completing his work on the Song of Ice and Fire fantasy novels: "Fuck you."
"I find that question pretty offensive, people speculating about my death and health," Martin, 65, said in an interview with Swiss newspaper Tagesanzeiger. "So fuck you to those people." He flipped the bird for emphasis.
Martin is currently working on The Winds of Winter, the sixth book in the series A Song of Ice and Fire. A release date for the book has not yet been announced. The seventh and final book in the series, A Dream of Spring, is expected to follow. The first book in the series, A Game of Thrones, was first released in the U.S. in 1996.
"I need to write faster," Martin said in a separate interview with Mashable. "[But] I make no promises. I found out long ago that when you look at the overall task, the cathedral you have to build, it looks so daunting that you just give up and sit down and play a video game."
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Really Horrible