George R. R. Martin has a message for those who are concerned that he'll die before completing his work on the Song of Ice and Fire fantasy novels: "Fuck you."
"I find that question pretty offensive, people speculating about my death and health," Martin, 65, said in an interview with Swiss newspaper Tagesanzeiger. "So fuck you to those people." He flipped the bird for emphasis.
Martin is currently working on The Winds of Winter, the sixth book in the series A Song of Ice and Fire. A release date for the book has not yet been announced. The seventh and final book in the series, A Dream of Spring, is expected to follow. The first book in the series, A Game of Thrones, was first released in the U.S. in 1996.
"I need to write faster," Martin said in a separate interview with Mashable. "[But] I make no promises. I found out long ago that when you look at the overall task, the cathedral you have to build, it looks so daunting that you just give up and sit down and play a video game."
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments