Rogue Legacy will arrive July 29 on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, original developer Cellar Door Games designer Teddy Lee announced today on the PlayStation Blog.
Created by Abstraction Games, the PlayStation ports of the generation-spanning platformer will support cross-buy, saving across devices, all features of the PC version and controls created with the PS Vita in mind before Rogue Legacy was a handheld game.
"When we originally made Rogue Legacy, we made it with the PS Vita buttons in mind," Lee wrote. "No joke. We gambled that if it did well, we wouldn't want the Vita version being nerfed in the control department, so we made sure to not use too many buttons. That crazy gamble we made over a year ago paid off, and that means the Vita version plays perfectly! Happiness!"
For more on the Linux, Mac and Windows PC versions of the game that launched last year, be sure to read our review.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27