Rogue Legacy will arrive July 29 on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, original developer Cellar Door Games designer Teddy Lee announced today on the PlayStation Blog.
Created by Abstraction Games, the PlayStation ports of the generation-spanning platformer will support cross-buy, saving across devices, all features of the PC version and controls created with the PS Vita in mind before Rogue Legacy was a handheld game.
"When we originally made Rogue Legacy, we made it with the PS Vita buttons in mind," Lee wrote. "No joke. We gambled that if it did well, we wouldn't want the Vita version being nerfed in the control department, so we made sure to not use too many buttons. That crazy gamble we made over a year ago paid off, and that means the Vita version plays perfectly! Happiness!"
For more on the Linux, Mac and Windows PC versions of the game that launched last year, be sure to read our review.
- Forum moderation?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31