EA will shut down online services for Ultima Forever on Aug. 29, the company confirmed on the game's official forum.
The decision follows the closure of developer EA Mythic in May as part of an ongoing push to concentrate mobile game development in other EA studios.
"This was a very difficult decision for us to make," reads the post. "We've seen the game through ups and downs, and hope that you've enjoyed playing it every bit as much as we had making it! Through it all, it's been players like you who've made it all worthwhile."
Over the next month until its closure, rewards will be boosted, equipment degredation will be disabled, gold key drop rates will be increased and the in-game store will no longer sell premium currency.
Ultima Forever follows on 21 years after the events of Ultima 4 with players handed missions by the daughter of the now-retired Lord British.
- Xbox Live and PSN still recovering from the holiday, potential attacks (update)
- Best of the rest of 2014: Destiny, the most interesting game of the year
- Polygon's Games of the Year 2014 #6: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
- The Interview was pirated more than 750,000 times in its first day of release
- A Super Smash Bros-style Hunger Games makes a lot of sense
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Boxed Day (Friday, Dec. 26)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No 5- Terror and Mystery in the Western Frontier
- Pokémon Discussions - Primal Evolution Ain't Cheap
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2463 (Thursday, Dec. 25)
- Toradora Christmas Club
- Clans of Polygon: What's going on in Destiny? (Nov - Dec)
- Polygon Daily: Off-Topic: T'was the Eve Before Christmas ( Wed 24/12 )
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No. 4.1 - 'Tis the Week Before...
- What are your top 25 games of all-time?
- Forbes: You Don't Have To Kill Prostitutes In 'GTA V'