Michael Fassbender is a phenomenally talented actor. He's proven himself equally adept in challenging dramatic roles (like his turn in Shame, a film about sex addiction), and starring in genre films like Promethueus, X-Men: First Class and this summer's X-Men: Days of Future Past.
He's also the main reason to get excited about the upcoming Assassin's Creed film, due out on Aug. 7, 2015.
I adore it when actors sell their enthusiasm for a project. Speaking to IGN recently, he showed off his love for the weirdo science behind the Assassin's Creed franchise.
"I don’t really play that many video games, but when I met up with the guys from Ubisoft and they started to explain this whole world and the idea of DNA memory — you know, I think it’s a very feasible scientific theory. I just thought, 'This is so rich,' and about the possibility of it being this cinematic experience. So I’m really excited about it, and we’re working very hard to make sure that we’ve got the best and most exciting, original package."
Slashfilm notes that if the film is still early in pre-production for a big-budget movie with a release date less than a year away, there could be trouble. Several writers have taken a stab at the script so far, including Michael Lesslie (Macbeth), Scott Frank (The Wolverine, Minority Report), Adam Cooper and Bill Collage (Exodus: Gods and Kings). But if Fassbender keeps affirming his excitement for period parkour, it may very well happen.
- Polygon's Games of the Year 2014 #8: Shovel Knight
- The Interview to hit YouTube, Google Play and other streaming services today (update)
- Best of the rest 2014: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze deserves more love than it got
- John Romero's Christmas present is cooler than yours
- The Interview is the most disappointing movie of 2014
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2463 (Thursday, Dec. 25)
- Pokémon Discussions - Primal Evolution Ain't Cheap
- Polygon Daily: Off-Topic: T'was the Eve Before Christmas ( Wed 24/12 )
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No 5- Terror and Mystery in the Western Frontier
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No. 4.1 - 'Tis the Week Before...
- Clans of Polygon: What's going on in Destiny? (Nov - Dec)
- What are your top 25 games of all-time?
- Forbes: You Don't Have To Kill Prostitutes In 'GTA V'
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Two Day Warning (Tuesday, Dec. 23)
- Polynauts: The Plightcast Episode 18