The Golf Club, the simulation golf title from indie developer HB Studios, will be released Aug. 19 on Windows PC and Xbox One, the company announced today.
According to HB, the PlayStation 4 version of the game is still "pending certification approval," but the studio expects to launch it later this month. The Golf Club will cost $34.99 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
HB had initially planned for a simultaneous release on all three platforms, but said today that it "decided not to artificially hold the game back" on PC and Xbox One just because the PS4 version wasn't quite ready to go. The Golf Club launched in April on PC via Steam Early Access, so Aug. 19 is the date when the PC version will leave beta.
"We are incredibly excited to give golf fans the game they've always wanted," said Anthony Kyne, producer at HB Studios, in a press release today. "We've worked extremely hard to get The Golf Club ready for launch, so it's really rewarding to officially announce the launch date and share that with our fans."
The Golf Club's main draw is its course creator, which lets players design full 18-hole golf courses from scratch. The course creator can also use procedural generation to build courses based on a few parameters that users set. Those playgrounds can then be shared with others across all three platforms. Stroke play, match play and 4-ball modes will be available at launch, along with asynchronous online play, and there's no loading between holes on a course.
For more on The Golf Club, check out our interview with the game's executive producer, and the E3 trailer below.
- Polygon's Games of the Year 2014 #8: Shovel Knight
- The Interview to hit YouTube, Google Play and other streaming services today (update)
- Best of the rest 2014: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze deserves more love than it got
- John Romero's Christmas present is cooler than yours
- The Interview is the most disappointing movie of 2014
- Polygon Daily: Off-Topic: T'was the Eve Before Christmas ( Wed 24/12 )
- Pokémon Discussions - Primal Evolution Ain't Cheap
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No 5- Terror and Mystery in the Western Frontier
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No. 4.1 - 'Tis the Week Before...
- Clans of Polygon: What's going on in Destiny? (Nov - Dec)
- What are your top 25 games of all-time?
- Forbes: You Don't Have To Kill Prostitutes In 'GTA V'
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Two Day Warning (Tuesday, Dec. 23)
- Polynauts: The Plightcast Episode 18
- Assassin's Creed Unity