Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are coming to PC through Steam, according to Konami Europe's website. Previously, the game had only been confirmed for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
The news of a PC version of Metal Gear Solid 5 appears to have leaked a bit early, as Konami Europe's website lists the announcement, but a link to the news release appears to be broken. We've reached out to Konami for confirmation and additional details.
Previous Metal Gear Solid games, including the original Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty were released for Windows PC, but Metal Gear Solid 5 would be the first to appear on Steam. The Platinum Games-developed spin-off, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, hit Steam earlier this year.
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes was released for consoles in March. Konami has not announced a release date for the follow-up, The Phantom Pain.
Update: Hideo Kojima himself just confirmed that both Metal Gear Solid 5 titles are coming to PC via Steam.
- North Korean internet is 'toast,' White House officials decline to comment
- Polygon's Games of the Year 2014 #10: P.T.
- DayZ's producer says that tension is on the rise, but so is the game's player count
- 2014 in review: the year that sucked
- Final Fantasy 14 gets a dragon-inspired race, new jobs and more
- Polygon Daily: Off-Topic: Things Not to Step on at 3AM ( Mon 22/12 )
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No. 4.1 - 'Tis the Week Before...
- Pokémon Discussions - Primal Evolution Ain't Cheap
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection makes an appearance in Marvel's Agent's of Shield
- Are Indie games becoming a new trend?.
- Clans of Polygon: What's going on in Destiny? (Nov - Dec)
- What are your top 25 games of all-time?
- The Ending of Dragon Age: Inquisition (!Spoilers obviously!)
- Weekend at Polygon's: The weekend before Christmas (20-21 Dec.)
- Way to make this site have a dark background?