Star Wars: The Old Republic continues to draw in players with over 1M users confirmed to log in monthly, EA announced following the game's appearance during a press event attended by Polygon.
This is a positive sign for the game which, just months after its initial launch in late 2011 saw subscribers drop to under 1 million. The game's user base had initially risen to 1.3 million at its height, BioWare previously confirmed.
"Since it was induced in November, we've added more than 1.7 million new players on the free model to the service," Gibeau said at the time. "And the number of subscriptions has stabilized at just under half a million.
"The really interesting thing that's happening inside the service right now is monthly average revenue for the game has more than doubled since we introduced the free-to-play option. And as we look forward, we're going to continually invest in new content for the service and for players every six weeks or so."
The company previously confirmed the creation of 2 million new accounts following the launch of the massively multiplayer game's free-to-play option. No new statistics regarding the number of current subscribers for the game is available; However, research firm SuperData notes the BioWare game remains in the top five massively multiplayer releases based on worldwide revenue and is said to be hanging in with $165 million in annual revenue.
- Sony and Microsoft are giving you games, and GameStop isn't happy
- Bizarre gaming peripheral seeks $250K from Kickstarter to bleed you out in real life
- Cheating bans roil Counter-Strike eSports scene a week before its biggest tournament
- Here's a look at the free DLC Driveclub is giving away
- Far Cry 4 review: such great heights
- What is the greatest boss battle of all time?
- Pokémon Discussions - Trumpets in the Distance
- Weekend at Polygon's: Off-Topic: Ermagerd Smarsh! (Sat\Sun 22-23Nov)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, no. 2: Shocking Truth!
- Far Cry 4 Awful performance on my PC
- Is It Possible To Kill Review Scores?
- Clans of Polygon: What's going on in Destiny? (November)
- Your Wishlist Top 3: Steam Sale Nov'14 Edition
- Polygon on YouTube
- Relaxing Open-World game for PS4