The latest game from Dong Nguyen, the creator of Flappy Bird, is Swing Copters. Touch Arcade reports that the game will release Aug. 21 as a free download, with the option to pay 99 cents to remove the ads it serves.
According to the video above, Swing Copters plays a lot like Flappy Bird; a player flies up on the screen instead of right, and taps to avoid obstacles to the left and right, instead of up or down.
Swing Copters' available platforms were not specified.
Flappy Bird became a mobile gaming obsession and a tremendous financial success at the beginning of this year until Nguyen removed it from the iOS and Google app stores, saying he was uncomfortable by the amount of time players were putting into the game.
Flappy Bird returned with Flappy Birds Family earlier this month on the Amazon Appstore.
- NBA 2K15 review: technical foul
- Gabe Newell death threat developer steps down
- Sony advertises sale with font inspired by Xbox One exclusive ... whoops
- How Rainbow Six: Siege takes inspiration from real life hostage rescues
- The Kansas City Royals made the World Series despite their Clash of Clans addiction
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No 1.2: No More Games.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Oh hi, Ruinam Senpai (Tue 21 Oct)
- Polygon is hiring!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Poly-OT: Super Smash Bros. 3DS - 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, TIME
- Letter from the editor thread
- Women in Gaming: A Story I want Told
- Why do you think PS4 is 'winning'?
- GamerGate: On Vengeance and Escalation
- Clans of Polygon: What's going on in Destiny? (October)