A pre-purchase offer for Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth is now available on Steam, offering early-bird buyers the Exoplanets Map Pack, which includes six custom maps, inspired by real exoplanets.
The custom maps include the following exoplanets (list below), with added features from the imaginations of the development team at Firaxis. Publisher 2K Games is offering Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth for $49.99 and Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Classics Bundle, which includes three previous Civilization games, for $69.99.
Civilization: Beyond Earth is a turn-based strategy game in which players settle an alien planet, while conquering or treating with neighbors and researching new technologies. It will be released on Oct. 24, 2014.
- Kepler 186f: One of the oldest known Earth-like planets. Featuring lush vegetation in the game world.
- Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to our solar system.
- Tau Ceti d: A planet of seas and archipelagos.
- Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, half the planet is frozen while the other half is always hot.
- 82 Eridani e: Tectonically unstable.
- Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Downloadable Contraversy
- Why do you think PS4 is 'winning'?
- Letter from the editor thread
- Polygon Daily Open-Thread: Meanwhile, on Mars (Thu 23 Oct)
- GamerGate: On Vengeance and Escalation
- Are Themes Worth Paying For?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No 1.2: No More Games.
- Poly-OT: Super Smash Bros. 3DS - 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, TIME
- Polygon is hiring!
- Clans of Polygon: What's going on in Destiny? (October)