Super Smash Bros. on the 3DS will have a "Play in Sleep Mode" that lets users listen to stage themes and other songs in its soundtrack with the 3DS closed. Creator Masahiro Sakurai pointed out the detail in a Miiverse post on Friday.
When in "Play in Sleep" mode, the L and R buttons will allow for skipping tracks without opening the 3DS. The mode allows users to put all of the songs in a loop, shuffle them, or select individual tracks to play from the list.
For a preview, Sakurai says that some Super Smash Bros. tracks may now be heard on the game's official site, with more to be added in the future.
Super Smash Bros., which launches on Wii U as well as 3DS, arrives on Oct. 3.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, no. 2: Shocking Truth!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Off-Topic: Ermagerd Smarsh! (Sat\Sun 22-23Nov)
- Pokémon Discussions - Trumpets in the Distance
- Which PS4 Games Are Must Buys Right Now in the Mature Genre?
- What is the greatest boss battle of all time?
- Polygon Dota 2 Group
- What external hard drives do you use?
- Clans of Polygon: What's going on in Destiny? (November)
- Polygon Daily Off Topic: Scrawl Penguin (Friday, Nov. 21)
- Is It Possible To Kill Review Scores?