Monolith Soft's science fiction role-playing game Xenoblade Chronicles X — the successor to 2010's Xenoblade Chronicles — is coming to Wii U in 2015, Nintendo announced today in its pre-E3 Digital Event.
In Xenoblade Chronicles X, small groups of survivors of an intergalactic war remain on Earth. These individuals are left to fend for themselves in a beautiful yet hostile environment.
Xenoblade Chronicles was originally published for the Wii in Japan, with a North American version hitting in April 2012. The game, available in limited quantities in North America, usually sells for $89.99 and above.
In January 2013, Nintendo announced Xenoblade Chronicles' successor, currently known as X. X, led by Monolith Soft studio head Tetsuya Takahashi, will be open-world and will feature an upgraded version of Chronicles' combat system.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- PS4 Beta Codes