A brief trailer for the game was shown today, in which Lara Croft struggles to deal with the deeds of her past. According to the official announcement, the game will take place in locations around the world and launch for Xbox One.
"In her first adventure, Lara Croft was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world," the announcement reads. "In the next chapter of her journey, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends, and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider."
Other platforms for the game have not yet been announced.
Tomb Raider writer Rhianna Pratchett confirmed on Twitter that she's "part of the team" for the new game.
Tomb Raider is a reboot of the franchise and follows a young, inexperienced Lara Croft as she embarks on her first adventure. The game is focused on shaping Lara into the hardened adventurer for which her character is known.
Tomb Raider was released in 2013 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, a remake for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, was revealed at the end of last year.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- Yes, you can dress up like Link when Monster Hunter 4 comes stateside next year
- Scientifically Accurate Sonic is everything you never wanted to know about hedgehog poop
- 30-day P90X program comes to Xbox Fitness for $59.99
- How to unlock Thanatophobia, the almost impossible trophy, in Rogue Legacy
- Here's a first look at Agent 47 in the upcoming movie 'Hitman: Agent 47'
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27