A brief trailer for the game was shown today, in which Lara Croft struggles to deal with the deeds of her past. According to the official announcement, the game will take place in locations around the world and launch for Xbox One.
"In her first adventure, Lara Croft was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world," the announcement reads. "In the next chapter of her journey, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends, and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider."
Other platforms for the game have not yet been announced.
Tomb Raider writer Rhianna Pratchett confirmed on Twitter that she's "part of the team" for the new game.
Tomb Raider is a reboot of the franchise and follows a young, inexperienced Lara Croft as she embarks on her first adventure. The game is focused on shaping Lara into the hardened adventurer for which her character is known.
Tomb Raider was released in 2013 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, a remake for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, was revealed at the end of last year.
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Madden 15's outspoken cover star loses with grace in his very first game
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 coming 'early 2015'
- Is Telltale teasing the setting for its new Game of Thrones series?
- Dragon Quest 7 3DS remake may not be worth the cost for Square to translate
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is a mature, 'true remaster' of the original game
- See how World of Warcraft's other side lives
- Saints Row developer: 'Sarkeesian is right'
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31