New Star Wars: Battlefront footage from DICE shows off how the company visited the original movie locations and Lucasfilm archives to create an authentic experience.
Early in-engine footage also gives you a look at snow speeders, AT-ATs, speederbikes on the forest moon of Endor and a classic John Williams soundtrack. More information will be made available in spring 2015, EA said.
Star Wars: Battlefront is slated to launch summer 2015, Electronic Arts revealed last year. The game is currently in development from Mirror's Edge developer DICE, to be published by EA.
Previously, EA said it wasn't planning on releasing new Star Wars games prior to April 1, 2014, the start of its next fiscal year. Electronic Arts inked a deal with Disney in May to secure exclusive video game rights to the Star Wars franchise, which Disney acquired from Lucasfilm in Oct. 2012.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today