New Star Wars: Battlefront footage from DICE shows off how the company visited the original movie locations and Lucasfilm archives to create an authentic experience.
Early in-engine footage also gives you a look at snow speeders, AT-ATs, speederbikes on the forest moon of Endor and a classic John Williams soundtrack. More information will be made available in spring 2015, EA said.
Star Wars: Battlefront is slated to launch summer 2015, Electronic Arts revealed last year. The game is currently in development from Mirror's Edge developer DICE, to be published by EA.
Previously, EA said it wasn't planning on releasing new Star Wars games prior to April 1, 2014, the start of its next fiscal year. Electronic Arts inked a deal with Disney in May to secure exclusive video game rights to the Star Wars franchise, which Disney acquired from Lucasfilm in Oct. 2012.
In This StoryStream
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?