New Star Wars: Battlefront footage from DICE shows off how the company visited the original movie locations and Lucasfilm archives to create an authentic experience.
Early in-engine footage also gives you a look at snow speeders, AT-ATs, speederbikes on the forest moon of Endor and a classic John Williams soundtrack. More information will be made available in spring 2015, EA said.
Star Wars: Battlefront is slated to launch summer 2015, Electronic Arts revealed last year. The game is currently in development from Mirror's Edge developer DICE, to be published by EA.
Previously, EA said it wasn't planning on releasing new Star Wars games prior to April 1, 2014, the start of its next fiscal year. Electronic Arts inked a deal with Disney in May to secure exclusive video game rights to the Star Wars franchise, which Disney acquired from Lucasfilm in Oct. 2012.
In This StoryStream
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine