BioWare teased a brief look at its in-progress Mass Effect title, as well as information on its all new franchise today during Electronic Arts' E3 2014 press conference.
According to several developers on the BioWare Montreal team, the goal is to create a story that can be discovered as interactive fiction. When designing the new Mass Effect game, BioWare is pulling from what its fans want.
"New places, new characters," said one developer. "New people to fall in love with."
The game will visit a new part of space, where players will have vast worlds to explore. The team added that it thinks fans will be "surprised at just how far we're going."
BioWare Edmonton, meanwhile, is working on the "completely new" IP. The team hopes to take on more contemporary stories and build a world as "big and imaginative as everything we've done before."
You can check out the full trailer below.
BioWare revealed that it had plans for "another full game" in the Mass Effect franchise in 2012, though few details have been revealed. The developer said previously that calling the new title Mass Effect 4 is a "disservice" to the game, as it will not follow the trilogy's Commander Shepard.
The finale to Shepard's trilogy, Mass Effect 3, was released in 2012. For more on the game, check out our review.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story