Dragon Age: Inquisition will allow players to switch between party members in combat or switch to a top-down tactical view, BioWare's Aaryn Flynn announced today during EA's press conference.
Tactical mode removes time from the equation and allows players to view the battleground from a top-down point of view. Players can also play in the third-person for a more action-oriented play style, allowing them to switch between party members while fighting opponents.
Dragon Age: Inquisition will launch on Oct. 7 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- What's your favorite silly game?