Uncharted 4: A Thief's End will launch for PlayStation 4 in 2015, Sony announced today at its E3 2014 press conference.
The video, which you can watch above, features an older Nathan Drake than the one players have grown accustomed to.
"Several years after his last adventure, retired fortune hunter, Nathan Drake, is forced back into the world of thieves," the video's description reads. "With the stakes much more personal, Drake embarks on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. His greatest adventure will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he's willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves."
According to a post from Naughty Dog, all the footage from the Uncharted 4 trailer was captured "completely in engine." The game will run at 1080p resolution, and the developer is targeting 60 frames per second. Drake's new character model, the developer says, features twice the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us.
Sony announced the next entry in the series would launch for PlayStation 4 just before the console was released last November. The Last of Us developers Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley are in charge of the title, following the departures of Justin Richmond and Amy Hennig.
Hennig left the studio in early March; she's now working on Electronic Arts' new Star Wars project at Visceral Games. Richmond announced his departure from the developer for Riot Games shortly after Hennig left.
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, the last entry in the franchise's numbered series, was released for PlayStation 3 in 2011.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Love marriage problem solution specialist baba09166526260
- Get your lost love back Specialist Baba Ji +91-9166526260
- how to convince parents for intercaste marriage +91-9166526260
- Girl bLack Magic+vashikaran specialist baba+91-9166526260
- +91-8890146803"Love ;V a s h i k a r a n..Specialist baba ji
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders