LittleBigPlanet 3 is in development on PlayStation 4 and is set for release this November, Sony announced today during its E3 2014 press briefing.
In a live demo, developer Sumo Digital showed off new abilities like wall-jumping and flying. There are new companion characters including Oddsock, a dog-like creature who can wall-jump, and Swoop, a bird who can fly (of course). All the characters had unique abilities that played different roles in four-player co-op.
Shuhei Yoshida, president of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios, said that players have created more than 8.7 million levels across the original LittleBigPlanet and its sequel, and all of them will be playable in LittleBigPlanet 3 with upgraded graphics.
LittleBigPlanet 2, the last numbered entry in the series, launched for PlayStation 3 in 2011. At Gamescom 2013, Sony announced a free-to-play service called LittleBigPlanet Hub that encourages players to create and explore with others.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30