The remastered version of The Last of Us is coming to PlayStation 4 on July 29, Sony announced today.
The announcement was made alongside a short trailer for the game, which starts with a spoiler for those who have yet to play the game. You can watch the trailer below.
As previously reported, the remastered version will feature more detailed high-resolution character models throughout, described by creative director Neil Druckmann as cutscene-quality. For the PS3 original, these detailed renders were used only in cutscenes, then swapped out for lower-resolution versions when transitioning back into gameplay. This was a trick designed to make the game's more cinematic, dramatic moments look better.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21