The remastered version of The Last of Us is coming to PlayStation 4 on July 29, Sony announced today.
The announcement was made alongside a short trailer for the game, which starts with a spoiler for those who have yet to play the game. You can watch the trailer below.
As previously reported, the remastered version will feature more detailed high-resolution character models throughout, described by creative director Neil Druckmann as cutscene-quality. For the PS3 original, these detailed renders were used only in cutscenes, then swapped out for lower-resolution versions when transitioning back into gameplay. This was a trick designed to make the game's more cinematic, dramatic moments look better.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward