Batman: Arkham Knight's latest trailer, shown during Sony's E3 2014 press conference, teases a look at one of the series' staple villains, Scarecrow.
The trailer begins with Batman on the hunt for the Penguin. The dark knight glides through the city, hops into the Batmobile and cruises through Gotham. A little before the trailer's end, however, it suddenly freezes, revealing Scarecrow.
"How many more bones would you crush," Scarecrow says. "How many lives will you destroy in pursuit of what you call justice? You are the product of everything you fear: violence, darkness, helplessness."
According to Andrew House, president and group chief executive officer of Sony Computer Entertainment America, the Scarecrow nightmare missions will only be available on PlayStation.
Batman: Arkham Knight was delayed to 2015 for PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One. Arkham Knight is being developed by Rocksteady Studios.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today