A question about the 3DS

I considered simply posting this in Solaire's thread, but I didn't want to feel like I was hijacking it. I'm in the market for a 3DS. I won't be buying one until the end of the year probably, but in the meantime I had a question.

In your opinion, how well does the eShop handle digital purchases? My intention is simply to get a 4-8GB SD card, and I figured it might be nice to just download as many games as I could. And on a side note, how big are 3DS games typically?

I guess I don't have a problem with another handheld that uses cartridges, but as an iPad user it would be nice if I didn't have to carry a cartridge case with me when I take my 3DS places, like I used to with my DS. But I don't want to get invested in a virtual ecosystem that I don't feel I can trust. Normally I wouldn't feel compelled to investigate this, but we all know Nintendo's track record with the Internet and related services, and I've heard my share of horror stories about transferring content between Nintendo systems.

So I ask again, what is your opinion of the eShop?

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Spinner

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker