Just got into Android gaming. What am I missing?

I'm 46, been a gamer since I was 11, consoles and PCs and everything inbetween. I got my first smartphone last month (HTC Desire C) and so was introduced to the Android environment.

Here are some of the things I've discovered so far that have made me so delighted with my new - albeit underpowered compared to more expensive smartphones - gaming platform:

Google Play Store

Google1x_medium

via imageshack.us

This is on my phone. I press the icon and I'm right there in the store with 1,000s of apps at my disposal. A lot of them free. It's also available from any browser, which makes it a lot easier to leave feedback instead of having to use that fiddly little pop-up keyboard on the phone.

Chrome Browser

Google2o_medium

via imageshack.us

I was using Firefox for the last couple of years with no problems, but when I realised that Chrome could link into my Android environment and display compatible apps on my Homescreen, I switched. Fortunately Chrome is intuitive (remember, I'm 46, new stuff usually annoys/confuses me) so I got used to it pretty quickly. I can now play some games on my phone when I'm out and about and then continue them on my PC when I'm at home, thanks to this neat connection between all things Google.

Facebook

Google3j_medium

via imageshack.us

I used to scoff at Facebook gaming. But then a few years back I tried it out and it's a pretty neat environment, I was hooked on Farm Town for a while as I learned the ropes. Lo and behold, a lot of Android apps are also on Facebook, so again I've got these apps on my phone that I can continue at home. Very important when you're on a good run in Texas Holdem Poker Deluxe just as your battery runs out.

Twitter

I use Facebook instead so I'm not even going to bother with an icon :) But I know it's there, and I know that for some it's just as valuable as Facebook.

So overall I'm impressed by this super-connected environment, where one app becomes truly cross-platform and therefore extremely portable - play anywhere, anytime.

I guess the only downside is that it's not a super-consistent environment - each app has it's own rewards, there's no linking into Ratpr, no overall achievement tracking, no overall "Gaming Career" place that allows you to look back in the future and marvel at how much time you've wasted. Not that I've discovered yet, anyway.

That aside, I mentioned I'm new to the whole Android thing and these are just the bits and pieces I've put together over my first couple of weeks of using it. I've amassed a ton of free games (over 150) and been amazed at just how small 8GB looks these days (those SDHC cards are tiny!)

So what am I missing? Are there any other browsers/apps/anything that can enhance my experiences even more than the existing ones?

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Spinner

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker