I noticed something interesting while looking at Dark Souls 2 concept art...

So I'm looking at concept art for Dark Souls 2 and I notice this slide:

Y2qgzbl_medium

The architecture style used on the left and right slides is VERY distinctive, and quite well-known in the art world.

They're reminiscent of some of Polish painter Zdzisław Beksiński's spindly and nightmarish architecture. He would often wake up in the middle of the night after what we assume were unspeakably horrific nightmares beamed to him from some unnameable alien star and would begin painting his visions. In spite of this, he viewed his work as optimistic, with elements of humor. His paintings were all untitled. Examples below.

Utfnscz_medium

Gynqfvd_medium

Xacq87p_medium

Dtmjssm_medium

V39ljei_medium

Jv0cdq3_medium

Rqdartg_medium

Ps2yrvf_medium

If the concept art up top actually makes it into the retail product in some form, I will be a very happy hollow.

Closing shot: Dark Souls in a nutshell

Xvmlf0a_medium

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker