Dead Space 3 Demo - Thoughts?

(Obviously, there will be spoilers related to the demo in this thread. Consider this your warning.)

Ds3_hostile_environment_1_medium

via www.deadspace.com

Well, I've just finished the single player campaign in the Dead Space 3 demo (thanks again for the code, Polygon). I'm curious what other people's opinions were of it.

I sort of expected it to last a bit longer considering it was a 2 GB demo. I also feel like the enemies were noticeably less destructible than in Dead Space 2? This was especially true for the humans (and those Necromorphs that masquerade as humans). Humans also seem to have a massive amount of health while you're fighting them, but the moment a Necromorph saunters into frame their armor magically turns to wet paper.

Also, I sincerely hope they have more plans for outside levels than a bunch of snowy hallways infested with Necromorphs that pop up directly in front of you ad nauseam, interspersed with scenic vistas for Isaac to gaze at while he mutters to himself about whatever.

Other than that, it seemed pretty good? I thought the snowscape effects, while not Uncharted 2 levels of quality, were well done. The new weapon customization seems like it would be really fun to work with, the demo made it seem very promising - I liked the tactical implications from the fact that a few of the weapon attachments benefit both players while in co-op mode. Switching out batteries for crank generators is a welcome change as far as I'm concerned. I wish they could've gone with a more conventional Shooter button layout, but that's something I'll surely just adjust to with time.

The game didn't scare me at all, though, which is a bit of a bad sign since anyone who knows me will tell you I am an absolute baby with scary games, even ones that aren't trying to be scary (I've got a pretty overactive imagination).

Your turn! Pros? Cons? Do I "just not get it?"

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker