The Ending of Dragon Age: Inquisition (!Spoilers obviously!)

To start things off here I want to state that I'm not someone trying to start something like the ridiculous hate circus from ME3. I want any response to this post to be constructive, like I hope my criticism is going to be. Right then, here we go...

I had 95 amazing hours with DA:I. I thought it was the best of both DA:O and DA2, in combat, deep RPG-ishness, and storytelling. The cast of characters were really well written and performed, I especially loved the female english Inquisitor, Dorian, and Solas. The art & sound design were marvelous. The sandboxes we were given to play in were well designed and a joy to explore, and all the side quests we had to do in them were relevent to the plot due to the wonderful power and influence system, thus giving them a lot more weight than the standard fetch quests in most RPG's. The lore was really well fleshed out, as one would expect from a Bioware game, and really helped make the somewhat connected sandboxes we call Thedas feel like a real world. The story missions were really well paced and gave a lot of memorable moments, which made DA:I truly shine. The level in the Fade in particular was as good as anything I've played in a Bioware game ever. The over arching theme of faith was very interesting and made me really think about my own personal beliefs (or lack thereof), and where they come from, which not many games have ever done.

It's a shame then that the last two hours of DA:I are probably the worst I've played in any Bioware game. I say this as someone who stood behind ME3's ending and paid for that with e-mail hacks and general online harassment. It was so weird to experience, as the penultimate mission in the elven temple was sooo good, and the proceeding revelations by Flemeth were really fascinating. Not to mention we partook in some fraking dragon recruitment! I was gearing myself up to have to make a huge decision with my Inquisition. Like sacrifice a load of my soldiers in a huge battle to finally get a crack at Corypheus, or use the mages I allied with to at great cost perform some big spell that forced Corypheus into the open. Nope. Corypheus just opens the fade again and our party gets to him with no cutscene. We then fight in an OK boss battle with some admittedly pretty sweet dragon on dragon action going on over head. Then the killing blow is struck... Are we going to have some major revelations? Some amazing banter with a wanna' be god? Or as I was hoping another journey into the Fade and a race to the Black City where we might have a major decision to make, like do we become a god instead of Corypheus, or do we meet Andraste and/or the Maker? No... Corypheus just dies without so much as a parting conversation, and we get a really terrible walk through the party finish... Then to add insult to injury the most interesting thing in the game happens (& that's saying something!) with Solus' revelation that he is the elven god Fen'Harel, is allied with Flemeth, and gave Corypheus the artifact that allowed the Fade to be breached! Then the credits roll... WTF?! A cliffhanger after 97 hours?! Is DLC going to contain the actual ending for DA:I? It's just unfathomably weak and seemingly rushed.

I'm still parsing how I feel about the game as a whole. Like I stated earlier 95 hours of this game were marvelous, and was gearing up DA:I to be my GOTY, heck the game of this generation so far. It just baffles me that ending happened. What's equally as baffling is that it seems no one is talking about it. Let alone discussing it as passionately as with the ME3 ending. How does everyone else feel? Am I crazy? Or am I right? Please let me know, I really want to talk about this. A lot... Just please try to keep your responses somewhat calm, as I hope I've done. Let the discussion begin!