Fallout 4 - The Wishlist

In the last week, we received a pretty massive tease from Fallout 3 voice actor Erik Todd Dellums, that he's been recording new lines for Fallout 3 character Three Dog - which if the rules of the internet are anything to go by, can mean only one thing - we may soon be seeing a Fallout 4!!!

We don't know when it's going to be announced, how far into development it is, or when it is going to be released. However, we can sure as hell bet its going to bring some big changes to the franchise!

In honour of Fallout 4, I thought it would be cool to list some things I'd like to see in the game; and maybe you fine folks would like to list some things you would want to see too?

And hey...you never know, Bethesda might be watching...

#1 Advanced jumping capabilities.

7566674332_87c0889728_b_medium

This may sound a little stupid, but is it really too much to ask for me to be able to climb up or hobble over stuff? I’m not suggesting an Assassins Creed level of free-running; but I would like a system where I can get over a small wall without having to sprint at it, tap the jump button, hold forward and pray. Realistically, the only reason games have a jump button is so that you can climb on stuff, and Skyrim/Fallout 3’s jumping is awful. In GTA IV, Battlefield and Call of Duty you can run at a small-to-medium ledge, hold the jump button and you’ll pull yourself up and over. Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia and Assassins Creed have systems where you hit a grab button to grasp and pull yourself onto a ledge.

When you have this big open sandbox environment; the fact that you don’t have a vertical level of access undermines the level of freedom you’re supposedly given. Being able to better climb up buildings and natural-feature might open up new areas for puzzles and secrets, give a new edge to combat, and enable exciting-new opportunities for exploration.

#2 Improved Menu System

287410-allo2431_medium

If the next Fallout game is going to follow Fallout 3 and New Vegas, it’ll have some pretty intensive shooter elements. I’d like a new Fallout to take stock of the innovations from other shooters by having quick and easy context actions with seamless menus. The PIP-boy from previous games had charm, but it could be a bit awkward to use; Skyrim’s menus had a minimalist design but were still a chore scrolling through stuff all the time. I hope Bethesda can implement a way to change your gear and abilities without having to go through so many menus all the time. I’m thinking a quick select menu like the weapon/ability wheels in Crysis, Red Dead Redemption or Mass Effect?

We all like to spend a lot of time in Bethesda RPG’s, It would be awesome if I didn't have to spend a quarter of that time scrolling through countless menus.

#3 Vaults, Vaults, Vaults!

Vault_112_tq_medium

I adored finding and exploring the Vaults in Fallout 3; what I liked most was the context of each one being a different science experiment on the inhabitants, which gave most vaults their own unique flavour. One vault had me seeing hallucinations, another was full of crazies, and who can forget the vault with the amazing Tranquility Lane simulation!? Both Fallout 3 and Oblivion excelled at giving us these alternate reality/unique areas like vaults or oblivion realms; which were a really cool twist on the sandbox design of the main map. Sadly, Skyrim mostly avoided these other-worldly excursions; so I’d like to see more of them in Fallout 4.

What would you like to see in Fallout 4? Is there a feature you really want Bethesda to add; or has there been an age-old mechanic you would really like to see the back of? Sound off in the comments below!

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Spinner

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker