Where is the hate for Insomniac's Fuse coming from? Is it just residual EA hate?

I'll admit that I'm a die-hard Insomniac fan. Yes, even Resistance.
I'll also be the first to admit that the Overstrike trailer and its style were AWESOME!
The subsequent reveal trailer for Fuse left me feeling cold and just sad, cause Overstrike looked WAY cooler than Fuse looked in that trailer.

But having followed every interview and trailer subsequently, I can DEFINITELY tell you that this game is back on my radar! It looks like a GENUINELY fun 4 player co-op game(which aren't easy to come by) and most importantly there is SPLIT SCREEN SUPPORT! Jesus, how many developers have shafted couch co-op in the past! It's so great that they're taking that seriously!

People complain that the game looks generic, and the charactors are just bland. After watching several previews, it's fairly obvious that the characters have quite a bit of wit and personality. And seriously, which military shooter allows you to create BLACK HOLES which suck enemies in!? Does that sound generic to you?

And honestly, for those of you saying that Overstrike was better, how do you even know? It was a TRAILER! The graphics were CGI for gods sake! And if you watched the trailer as intently as I did, you would know that BOTH the weapons AND characters have remained more or less the same! Just the art style and tone slightly changed!

Insomniac even listened to all the critisism, injecting WAY more color back into the game, which now looks way more appealing than the Fuse Reveal trailer did. The humor is also there, with the characters bantering and throwing quips back and forth between each other during gameplay, in a sort of Uncharted-esque manner.

Honestly, I think the people who are hating on this game in forums and comment sections are somehow convinced EA forced Insomniac to change the style and tone of the game. Maybe that's true, but honestly, calling it generic is just a bit of a stretch. It looks like a really fun game, and judging by Insomniac's track record, it WILL be.

Anybody else who thinks this game is getting any unwarranted hate? And if you ARE hating, why?

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker