Contest Resumes: Infamous: Second Son - Win a statue of Delsin Rowe

Ymqxswn_medium

Polynauts. It's Friday, and the weekend is just a few short hours away - so why not get excited by entering our Infamous: Second Son contest. Let's talk details.

WHAT’S THE PRIZE?

We've got a limited 12" run statue of Infamous: Second Son protagonist Delsin Rowe up for grabs. It comes with a destruction diorama base, and the chain is made from real metal for that extra cool factor. It's also one of only 150 produced, which makes it mighty rare indeed. You see the statue to the right? That's it, click the image to see it closer up.

WHAT DO I DO TO WIN IT?

You're going to make art, and you can use any medium you want - MS Paint, Photoshop, hand-drawn, photography, sketchbook - whatever! It just has to be safe for work/PG-13. Here's your brief:

Produce a piece of artwork for a Conduit (superhuman) inspired by both Infamous: Second Son, and Polygon.

Get creative with your entries, but keep them within the community guidelines please, yeah? Break those and you'll get disqualified, buddy!

HOW IS THIS JUDGED?

When you post your image below (use Imgur) the Polygon community will judge for themselves the top five candidates to win by clicking the recommend button. After the contest closes, I'll take these top five to Polygons' own Dave Tach, and we'll decide which of you takes the prize.

CAN I GET AN +1 TO MY RECOMMEND STAT?

If you tweet the following out you’ll earn an additional recommend from the Polynauts comment account, it might just push you ahead. You’ll need to verify your tweet by emailing me a link to it at shaun(at)polygon.com, with your username and a nod to your comment/entry.

"I've entered @Polygon’s contest to win a Delsin Rowe statue from Infamous: Second Son by @SuckerPunchProd. http://sbn.to/1f0r7Qx"

WHEN DOES THE CONTEST END?

It's been extended! I'm not an artist, and honestly I've listened to the feedback saying a lot of you don't have time to get submissions finished in under a week. The contest will now end on April 6, at 12pm Pacific and not March 30.

As I said above, at some point within the following 24 hours of closing I'll meet with brave reporter Dave Tach to pick a winner. If that's you, you'll contacted via email, so make sure you have on listed in your profile here.

IS THIS OPEN TO THE UNITED STATES ONLY?

Yeah, I'm afraid so. Sorry to my Polynauts/friends abroad, I feel your pain.

WHAT ABOUT CHEATING?

There’s no excuse for you to try and cheat - I can spot cheaters a mile off. If you make a second account to try and bump your recommends then we’ll disqualify you. If you make two accounts to try and make multiple entries - we’ll disqualify you. Be cool with your entry, but be fair to everyone else. Everyone has the same chance, don't screw yours up.

ELIGIBILITY, LEGAL STUFF

Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Contest, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above.

Employees, independent contractors, interns, officers, directors, and agents of Sponsor, other companies associated with the Contest, the judges, as well as the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children, and their respective spouses) and household members of any of the foregoing are not eligible to enter. In some contests Polygon moderators will be eligible for entry, as they are volunteers and receive no renumeration for their services - but only if the judgement is based upon a community vote. Should the eventual decision rest with the community manager then moderators will be ineligible for entry.

As is always the case here giveaways of products are not, and should never be considered, endorsements of the companies involved or their products as per the Polygon Ethics Statement.

Again, you're allowed one entry, any attempts to cheat and/or make a second account will be spotted a mile off. But you wouldn't cheat, would you?

ANYTHING ELSE?

Please recommend any great pieces of work in the comments. The more you recommend, the more you'll encourage others to do the same. You can watch Polygons' video review of inFamous: Second Son below, and read about it here. If you don't know what inFamous is, but want to win the statue I'd recommend you check it out.

APRIL 9 - UPDATE (CONTEST RESUMES)

People try and cheat the system. That's an unfortunate thing that will always happen no matter how well you prepare, but you know what? I'm going to fix that.

I'm removing the recommends made by those second accounts that were registered. All the current recommends now reflect genuine numbers from registered Polynauts. Friends and family might have registered to boost your chances, that's fine - it's when people made multiple accounts themselves to try and come out on top - that was the problem.

So here's how were going to finish this long running contest. I want to be fair, I'm not going to ban anyone from participation. You've all made excellent artwork, and I've removed the attempts to cheat the system so you're on a level playing field with everyone else. I don't want this experience to be ruined for anyone. One of you will win this trophy very soon. I just want to make sure that it's done right like every other contest we've ran.

The new end date is Friday 11 April at 23:59 Pacific. Why? Because some people submitted their entries just before the original deadline, and as a result didn't have a grace period to get any sizeable recommends. That's three whole days to get extra votes - and we can see who is doing the recommending which is what led to this situation in the first place so don't cheat!

I hope you can agree that this is the best way to compromise, to not disqualify anyone and give everyone a fair shot. I'm really sorry the update took so long to get out, but I needed to do this right. Thank you for emailing me as well (you know who you are) - it was very much appreciated.

Game on, friends. Email me if you still wish to talk about this.

THE FINALISTS

Finalist One: saber_breaker

Infamous_finished_rthompson_medium

Finalist Two: Masashi_Bass

Finalist Three: HogWarner

Finalist Four: seremela

Finalist Five: FreeJayFly

WINNER

So Dave and I sat and talked over FaceTime about all of the entries, not just the finalists and we both agree that they're all pretty fantastic pieces of work. I'm going to forward them on to Sony and Sucker Punch as I feel they're definitely worth sharing with the Infamous community at large.

There can only be one winner however, and out of the five finalists above we're happy to announce that seremela (finalist #4) is taking home the trophy. Congratulations to them, and to all of you for putting your best foot forward.

Seremela - I'll need you to email me from your registered email address with where we're posting to :)

I'm going to do a lot more art contests in the future because this was a lot of fun to see the entrants come in. Now that we're aware of the pitfalls of contests like this (grace period for rec's etc.) it should run a lot smoother next time. Please accept my personal apologies on the various delays to the end of the contest - this is the first time we've not been able to wrap up on time for one reason or another (cheating, time) and it won't happen again. I promise.