Suggestions for the success of this forum

We need a "General Video Game Discussion" forum to separate the Off-Topic forum from the random video game questions.

I love video games but I'd love to get to know my community as well, thus I suggest we have no video game discussions in the Off-Topic forum.

What do you guys think?

You guys are doing some great work, keep it up.

EDIT: Sorry if I come across as complaining, I'm not, I love what you've guys have done. But in order for this to work as a real forum I think it should be more forum-like. Sequential posts and quotes instead of replies. I end up not reading half of the posts because the format isn't ideal for a forum. It works great for comments on a story but not for what we have here. We don't need fancy banners or anything like that but I think a traditional forum layout is essential. I feel this needs to be addressed quickly if we are to keep people coming back to the forums. This exact reason is why I never really got involved with The Verge forums, they're not really forums.

I know that you guys are busy but I assure you it will be worth it.

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Spinner

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker