Nauts! Polynauts! My name is Jenna Pitcher and I'm your new hired goon [Senior Reporter, Australia]

578380_10151291487765739_155922110_n

I know many say this, but that won't stop me from saying it, too: I love video games. I want to make babies with video games.

So as soon as I graduated from high school all those eons ago, I enrolled in a 3D animation and modelling course at the Academy of Interactive Entertainment Canberra (AIE) so I could be a part of the industry I love.

Upon graduating from the AIE, I left for Sydney to try to bust into the industry. After a couple of years as a HR/Office Manager at a video slots developer, I left to further my study in digital arts and game design at QANTM College Sydney.

Over the years I worked in a range of digital artist roles. Mind you, nothing exciting or huge.

In 2010, I had my first start in journalism when I was offered a position at Australian technology publication Delimiter.

I sent the dream of gaining solid traction in the Australian games industry to the knackers and jumped on an even bigger dream: to cover technology and games as a journalist.

As Delimiter was also a news-wire service, my work was published across major Australian online and print technology publications. Publications included: IT Wire, IT News, PC & Tech Authority, Atomic MPC, CRN, CIO, ComputerWorld, PC World, ARN, GamePro Australia, CNET, ZDNET, APC Mag, News Digital Media, Gamespot and more.

After Delimiter, I turned to freelancing and I filed for PC & Tech Authority, Atomic, IT News, IT Wire, CNET, NineMSN Digiknow, APC Mag, TechLife, ABC Technology & Games, techAU, and a number of blogs.

Since 2010, I have covered enterprise technology, consumer technology, cybersecurity, information communications technology (ICT), video games, and state and federal politics.

Still with me after that long-winded life story? On to the good stuff then!

I play anything and everything, err, except maybe sports games. I love sports, just not in video game format. I'm terrible at them. Although, I didn't mind getting my ass trounced in FIFA 13.

I play on anything and everything. We have a PS3, Kinect, two Xbox 360s, Xbox, Wii (it's behind the couch somewhere ... ), PSP, PS Vita, DS, and 3DS. I also play on PC, but I'm well overdue for an upgrade in that department.

Lastly, I have three cats, one of whom is headbutting the laptop right now because he wants food. I better go do that now before he gets to the biting stage.

Can't wait to hang with you all and get to know everyone better! To sound a little creepy, I've been lurking on Polygon since day one, and before Polygon was Polygon, so I feel like I know some of you already [heavy breathing].

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker