Michael Moore, Polygon's new Editorial Coordinator

Pds_99

Hi Polynauts!

You might have seen me around here before (I hosted a few Speed Runs and was on Friends List a few days back,) but I never made one of these introduction posts since I wasn't on staff just on a freelance contract thing. But that's all changed since I'll be joining the Polygon staff as the new Editorial Coordinator!

It's a position that didn't exist before at Polygon, and so they sort of made it just for me so I can do more things.

I actually started at Polygon back in August of 2012 as a intern working on our games database. Then they hired me to work on that full time. And then they also gave me all the social media to run. And then I started producing Friends List with Chris Plante.

Prior to working at Polygon I was a game designer. I worked for a while at Muse Games here in NYC. Before that I was getting a Master degree in Information Technology (concentrating in game design and interactive multimedia development) at the Rochester Institute of Technology. And before that got a Bachelor's in Economics from Syracuse University.

Which is to say my skill set is kind of all over the place, which certainly helps with the whole editorial coordinating thing. Most of my work will continue to be behind the scenes, but I'm sure you'll see me pop out from back there from time to time.

Uh... I guess that's probably enough. If you want to know more you can ask me in the comments below and I'll answer best I can. Also you can follow me on Twitter @Kiey