The Polgyon Podcast

Bestiespromo.0_cinema_640.0_medium

via cdn2.vox-cdn.com

With the recent purchase of a Playstation Vita, I recently listened back to the first "Besties" episodes for they quite frequently featured Vita games (and apps, Welcome Park, Griffin). In its early days the one and only polygon.com podcast focused not on the news and recent happenings of the video game industry and the top games of the month, but a different video game podcast in which they argued whether a game which allowed you to snowboard with your dead dad or a game which "could" end wars in tbe middle east. It wasn't flawless as a show but it was different. There are many podcasts about video games. Many of them are focused on hitting big news in the industry, analysing games in a discussion format but not The Besties. In 2012 being a 12 year old fan of The Verge for its content and how they presented their content, I was estatic at Vox's new project. I read all I could of the, then, Vox Games team and watched every episode of the docu about 10 times. And then there was the Podcast. The Besties Podcast introduced the Polygon staff to me as characters and people instead of robots making a website. The podcast was "fun" to listen to. The podcast, and the rest of the site, in 2012 got me into Video Games more, PC gaming, the Vita, Game Development and My Brother, My Brother and Me. The podcast was extremely accessable to a 2012 me, whose Video Gaming experiences had shamefully only been playing big console games. The podcast is a large part of why today I'm trying to get into Game Design for a career. But the podcast always had issues, and with the successful fruit bearing podcast, My Brother and Me already being made by two of the "Besties" there was expectation and hope for something of similar quality. But it wasn't, from the jump there was much confusion about the rules. But The Besties shouldnt be a "polished" podcast, it shouldn't need to be. I understand that they all (especially Griffin) want to talk about games in depth but that isn't what I and evidently many others started listening and loving The Besties for. I didn't think there should be a second podcast but maybe two podcasts could mean the Chris, Justin, Griffin and Russ could have different avenues for different levels of discussion. I, and according to the forums, many others like the disfunctional caddyshack fairway solitare podcast in which the four bring games, no matter what they are, to fight against each other on their own merits. I'm really interested in starting this discussion so please add to the poll and comment section. Thanks Polynaughts for making me feel so welcome since 2012, thank you Polygon and Vox team for creating the best Video Game site and thank you Chris Plante, Justin McElroy, Russ Frushtick, Griffin McElroy and New York Giraffe for creating such an original podcast.

Loading poll...
X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker