MLP 403 "Castle Mane-ia" SPOILERRIFIC Discussion Thread!

Bavkk_mceaaapr__medium

This week's episode was the first from new writer Josh Haber. It was alright! Although I found it to be pretty slow moving and predictable (the first thing I thought of was Pinkie's playing the organ–the second thing was Discord, which would have been more interesting), it's advancing the plot right along and perhaps even setting up for a new villain. And, as you can see from that screen cap, there were a lot of pretty goofy expressions in this one. At least we know definitely absolutely for sure that they're s story arch going on.

My main question is why the old royal castle was basically a funhouse. Why would they even need organ-activated trap doors and carrot dispensers? Totally weird and wacky. Finally, I guess letters are now totally done for. Hooray for journals?

I've been eating Thanksgiving leftovers for a few days and I'm kinda in a turkey coma. I wasn't really combing through this looking for tasty plot morsels. If anybody picked up on something, feel free to point it out. I really just wanted to veg out and watch ponies, so for that this episode did the trick. Especially Pinkie ringing a giant bell with her head.