MLP 410 "Rainbow Falls" SPOILERTASTIC Discussion Thread!

S4e10_groupphoto_medium

The gang's all here... with a few additions.

Although I was disappointed by the lack of any and all references to Gravity Falls (wasn't expecting it, but was hoping), this was absolutely the best episode of the season that had all the makings of a classic. First was Bulk Biceps, who finally got a name. Roid Rage is obviously inappropriate and I always found the name Snoflake to be stupid as hell. Not sure where that started, but I'm pretty pleased with his actual name. I think it's hilarious. Speaking of which, did you know he was voiced by Michael Dobson in this episode who was the original voice for Nappa in the Ocean dub of DBZ? He can't possibly get any cooler.

And then, of course, I went through the episode looking out for Derpy because they can't have an episode focused on pegesi without her. And then not only was she there, but in a (semi)important role! It's too bad that she'll probably never speak again and definitely never be referred to by name. I think it's pretty gosh darn stupid. I feel like I was one of the few people not offended by the voice change, but I do think it was dumb that they felt the need to change it anyway just because some mothers were given the wrong definition of the word derpy. Call her whatever the hell you want, just let her speak dammit!

That aside, I found the episode to be quite enjoyable. It was written by Corey Powell who did a few episodes last season, but I think this is definitely her best work. Good story and pretty consistently funny. And no song! Those used to be a treat, but they're getting to be a bit much lately.

One one last note, it seems to many that these rainbow objects focused on at the ends of episodes are the keys to the box. I'd like to think this as well, but the keyholes are clearly key-shaped. Unless they transform into keys or something...

Dddma9_medium

NEXT WEEK: THREE'S A CROWD