Polygon Daily: Off-Topic: In The Year 7DD... (Tue 1/1)

hgdPi.png

Happy new year and Welcome to Polygon Daily! What is this thread you ask? It's your daily Community Off-Topic thread where you're given the floor to talk about anything that's caught your eye over the past 24 hours. Or fireworks. Just be sure to stick to the Polygon Community Guidelines, and we'll be golden folks.

The final header for 2012 was a screenshot from Heretic II, released on the PC (Windows, Linux, Mac, and Amiga). We'll be taking a break this week, but given the results of last week's poll, next week we'll start another month of the header contest and see how we go after that. If you guys have any recommendations for January's header contest, feel free to give them voice!

December's header contest winner is Mintycrys with 5 points! Minty has won a copy of Torchlight II and Fortune Summoners, as well as torturing Paddy (I'll leave that part up to Shaun).

Minty, please contact me via Steam, so I can send your prizes.

NEWS

'Ouya video showcases the console's nascent interface and an Android RPG' by Dave Tach

'Valve programmer says latency is the enemy of virtual reality' by Dave Tach

'DmC: Devil May Cry available to play Jan. 9 at Capcom event' by Dave Tach

'Dead or Alive 5 patch will let you record and upload matches to internet' by Tracey Lien

'Skulls of the Shogun devs interested in cross-platform purchase promotion, but Microsoft can't yet do it' by Samit Sarkar

FORUM POSTS

'New Year's Resolutions' by CoffeeJezus

'How would this rig cope with these games?' by dinkys

COTD

Inevitable.

Uayyn_medium

I feel like I sold my soul to the devil to create this.

ProjectNatalie | 12 Recommends

And that's it for today, Polynauts. Tune in tomorrow for more Polygon Daily action!

If you're looking to create a header like the one used up top, then check out the Polygon Daily header thread - which still contains some unused Polynauts Central headers and we'll use those eventually out of appreciation for your hard work.

And remember however to subscribe to our @PolygonAll Twitter feed for all breaking news, and @Polynauts for Community updates throughout the day.

Happy New Year Polynauts!!

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker