TV, Movies, Music! - Polymedia #0.1: UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Tfp94sh_medium

Welcome to a prototype of a thread I have always thought of making but never quite have had the time to do so! Polymedia (working title) is a thread in the spirit of Plight, but it's focused on (As you can tell) TV, Movies and Music. This is a place to gather and discuss all of those, with three main discussion topics p top on every post. A TV show, a Movie, and an Album/Artist/Song. As you can see, I haven't quite had the time to finish it up, but I wanted to test the waters and see if there is interest in the community to keep this going on as a regular thing. Polymedia will be open to submissions from the community just like Plight, though I have still to determine a schedule. Anyway, let's start.

FEATURED TV SHOW: DOCTOR WHO!

Ketmg0h_medium

It's a kid show. THEY SAID.

It won't toy with your feelings. THEY SAID.

Set the mood:

Seriously, this show has tugged at my heartstring quite a few times. So what is Doctor Who anyway? Well, I'm not a master in Doctor Who lore, only having followed the adventures of the Matt Smith incarnation (I'll get to the watch the others...eventually) but I think I may just be able to give you a quick description of what it is.

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey...stuff.

Wait, that's not a good enough description? Okay, let's try again.

Doctor Who is a British science-fiction television programme produced by the BBC. The programme depicts the adventures of a Time Lord—a time-travelling humanoid alien known as the Doctor. He explores the universe in his TARDIS, a sentient time-travelling space ship. Its exterior appears as a blue British police box, which was a common sight in Britain in 1963 when the series first aired. Along with a succession of companions, the Doctor faces a variety of foes while working to save civilisations, help ordinary people, and right wrongs.

Thanks Wikipedia! And yet, the show is so much MORE. Seriously, the characters in this show are amazing, and you get to actually care for them...which makes it even more hard when things happen. Seriously, sometimes I don't know how this could be considered a family show...there are some dark things going on. Another thing that is worth mentioning is, if you've seen anything about DW, you've probably seen that there are different actor playing the main character sometimes. Well, there is a good explanation for that. See, as mentioned before, the Doctor is not human. And thus, one of the differences of his species (besides having two hearts), it;s that he can regenerate into a new body in situations that would prove mortal for us mere humans, thus giving him basically a new life. He is still the same person, same memories, but is different in personality and well, actor. So far, 11 people have taken the role of the Doctor, and the 12th is soon approaching. Over the course of 50 years, people have enjoyed the adventures of the Doctor...and you know what the best thing is? There is no end in sight.

The Night of the Doctor: A Mini Episode - Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor Prequel - BBC (via BBC)

Remember to tune in to the 50th Anniversary special on November 23! The meeting of the Doctors is at hand!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, line break. I will add to that post above later on, maybe go more in depth, throw in some mentions of favorite episodes/moments/characters. Like I said, testing the waters. Also, I will add a featured Movie and Album/Artist/Song too. So, should I keep up with this? Are you guys actually interested? And is there a different name that I should give it? Polymedia I came up with in a whim. I could set up a poll to choose from your options if you want. Anyway, thanks for reading, and feel free to discuss everything TV/Movies/Music related down below!

Loading poll...
X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker