Polygon Daily: PD Announcement (Please Read) (Mon 18/2)

Regular headers return on Wednesday, Salias' contest tomorrow.

Welcome to Polygon Daily. What is this thread you ask? It's your daily Community Off-Topic thread where you're given the floor to talk about stuff that's caught your eye over the past 24 hours, and if it's topical stuff about one of our regular dedicated threads those are open for business in the recent posts box below. Remember to stick to the Polygon Community Guidelines, and we'll be golden folks - and on that note please remember that we don't talk about moderation policies/decisions publicly.

Today I would like to address the dedicated threads. The reason they exist is because those conversations have outgrown the Polygon Daily thread - in the case of anime/comics conversations were either oft repeated or filling up the thread every day. The driving force behind splintering that conversation to its own home was the team of chaosbirdomaid and Breadknight (with Zombie711 joining after) - they did this because there were complaints about comic talk taking over the thread and they then continued that discussion elsewhere.

The argument that theres a smaller audience in those other threads might be true, but I'm not interested in numbers. I'm interested in getting the right conversation matched with the right people. In this instance - comic fans. If you post a comic thread its going to get the attention of other readers who want to talk about that, the same applies for Pokemon. Post in here and you'll reach your regular 10-12 people who want to talk about comics and the rest might see it but not care to join in. That applies to anything we've moved to attract a larger audience. Like CoffeeJezus and Dark Souls - he told me he thought he was overloading PD with talk about the Souls' games, and made the decision himself to curate a monster thread. That thread now stands at over 800 comments. Your thread, whether thats comics, Pokemon, music or even art can become as successful. Maybe asking CoffeeJezus for advice on how to best achieve that might be something worth investigating folks.

So with all that in mind, I'd like to remind you that so far we have dedicated threads for Pokemon, Music, Anime/Comics/Cartoons, Dark/Demons Souls, and even Art and they're all listed in todays Recent Posts. There is a new thread coming this week for another dedicated topic after a reader got in touch with me to suggest it so I'll share more details on that soon.

Thank you for your time, email me if you have any concerns (shaun@polygon) and we'll have a chat.

NEWS

Final Fantasy X HD in-game footage shows off what you can expect on PS Vita by Emily Gera

Bungie reveals Destiny in first documentary video by Michael McWhertor

Destiny: Bungie's brave new worlds by Michael McWhertor

Sony drops PlayStation Vita price to 19,980 yen starting Feb. 28 in Japan by Emily Gera

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt developers looked to other titles to create the perfect RPG by Jenna Pitcher

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment ESRB rating indicates upcoming release on PSN by Jenna Pitcher

Bungie composer Marty O'Donnell on the music of Destiny, collaborating with Paul McCartney by Michael McWhertor

FORUM POSTS

Pokémon Hype Thread - February '13 by Shaun McIlroy

The PolyMusic Jukebox by Helis

Comics! Cartoons! Anime! Crisis Vol. 2, No. 8: The Uncanny Seven by chaosbirdomaid

Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #3: Ufotable Edition by Revolurt

Polygon Geography by Sterling Smith

Polygon Atelier: Community art thread (01-02/2013) by TXChris

Post your 'Polygon Daily' Headers here (February 2013) by Shaun McIlroy

Video Game Heroes, Death And You. by BreadKnight

Anyone else impressed with the 3DS line up this year? by FlyingAsianBear

Wasteland 2 General Hype Thread by chaosbirdomaid

PlayStation History: The Third Place (PS3 Era) by Shaun McIlroy

Destiny live chat by Brian Crecente

Will Sony's PS4 Be The by Inspace

Making Friends by RealityPales

Destiny: Will it be great? by patod

and of course:

Polygon Daily: Off-Topic Morning Regrets (Sat 16-17/2) by PaddyStardust

COTD

The wide view of the meteor that fell on Russia yesterday.

Gigawings | 8 Recommends

And that's it for today Polynauts. Tune in tomorrow for more Polygon Daily news updates. If you're looking to create a header like the one used up top, then check out the Polygon Daily header thread.

And remember however to subscribe to the main @PolygonAll Twitter feed for all breaking news, and @Polynauts for Community updates throughout the day.

X

forgot?

Please choose a new Polygon username and password

As part of the new Polygon launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to Polygon going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new Polygon username and password

As part of the new Polygon launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to Polygon going forward.

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker