PAX East: Day 1 from a Polynaut!

The dust has settled and the nerds have come out the play! PAX East Day 1 is history books. I was able to meet with a lot of cool people today and experience some cool things. Here's what I did on my first day:

We got our swag bags upon entering and we entered the Expo Hall. Imagine a blast of energy as you walk through the show floor. Games and games as far as the eye can see. Swag to buy, food to eat, games to play. It's a great feeling. We entered in a few raffle giveaways (which we sadly did not win anyway), but we traversed and got to play some pre-release goodness. One of which being Wildstar which takes the MMO format that World of Warcraft displayed and makes it there own with a more futuristic style. It was pretty fun, when the servers were working, but if they're having these issues at PAX...I don't want to see what they're like during live servers...

Here's one of the coolest pieces of swag I have ever received and I'm never letting go of it:

228393_545944811450_974181187_n_medium

via sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net

Moving on, we made it to the console free play. This is where I met with with a couple of cool industry peeps and discussed gaming while trying to screw each other playing New Super Mario Bros. U with boost mode. We then realized it was a shame that this didn't have an online component, but was damn fun anyway. It shows that Nintendo really does know what they're doing and I'm not worried about them.

At this point, it was already 3:15...all of this time and we have pretty much spent the entire day at PAX. It goes fast people, that's for sure. We looked around the floor a bit more and found some pretty awesome tables for board game type of games that ranged from $5,000 - 16,000. I never seen tables like these, but they were very nicely crafted. Check 'em out!

Qagd3ie_medium

via i.imgur.com

Coqecgn_medium

via i.imgur.com

When finally made to it to the Watch Dogs booth. Very exciting at the premise of playing Watch Dogs for the first time. However.......it was just a video...a video of things we have already seen. :( However, we did get a special message from the game's creator.

I also jousted...but I don't have a video of it...yet! So, here are some more pictures of the event! Day 2 to come tomorrow!

Joige97_medium

via i.imgur.com

Qcywlyz_medium

via i.imgur.com

Yfywq29_medium

via i.imgur.com

The guy pictured here is one of my friends. He cosplays as Auron...and actually does a great job of it!