Polygon Daily: Off Topic Build Your Own (Wed 17/4)

Todays header painstakingly crafted by me, PaddyStardust

Welcome to Polygon Daily. What is this thread you ask? It's your daily Community Off-Topic thread where you're given the floor to talk about anything that's caught your eye over the past 24 hours. Just be sure to stick to the Polygon Community Guidelines, and we'll be golden folks.

Morning all! Welcome to Wednesday, the middle day, hump day, EU PSN day, new Penny Arcade day, new XKCDday, new First Law day, and many other things that I do on a Wednesday. Shauns off working on his Uni work, so I'll be your driver today. TALK NOW.

NEWS

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon live-action short pits cyborgs against a nuclear bomb by Jenna Pitcher

More layoffs surface at EA's global branches by Jenna Pitcher

Unreal Engine 3 used to create $3.2M mountain bike park by Jenna Pitcher

Klei Entertainment's founder says struggles of AAA devs are fueling independent dev scene by Jenna Pitcher

Blizzard details $1.6M StarCraft 2 World Championship Series by Jenna Pitcher

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers Review: Dream of the 90s by Danielle Riendeau

Ace Attorney 5 Gets Release Date, Early-Purchase Bonuses, Goofy New Prosecutor by Kevin Gifford

Telltale Games explains Poker Night 2's long list of unlockable items by Michael McWhertor

Dustforce dev shows how Humble Bundle and Steam sales fueled game's success by Michael McWhertor

MechWarrior Online patch adds first Champion mech and Lances for battlefield coordination by Dave Tach

FEATURES

The president and future of Platinum Games by Matt Leone

Breathe In The Road: Cardboard Computer and Kentucky Route Zero by Charlie Hall

REVIEWS

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner Soul Hackers

Defiance

Alien Spidy

FORUM POSTS

What's the deal with...Cinematic Trailers? by theodore.

GIFAWAY II: Post an awesome Gif and you could win a copy of Dragon... by Shaun McIlroy

The optimistic view of an always-online Xbox 720 by Gudgel

My Experience so far and asking for advice by BreakingPoint0

Pc build: Lil help by Boolanger

What's your favorite game item of all time? by Meta

The Polynauts Soulcast: Episode 8 - Caravan Shoes by PaddyStardust

COTD

Hey everybody.

I think most of you who know me well got this over Twitter but thought I’d drop by to say I’m safe and sound here in Boston. I was down at the marathon earlier yesterday but had been gone for a half hour when everything happened. Friends and colleagues are all safe too.

I thought everybody on Poly would like to know that after we’d all consumed as much news as we could handle listening to we sat around (12 or so of us) in my apartment and played video games. We played not only to distract ourselves for a bit, but to remind ourselves that the joy we take in each other is something these heinous people can’t take away. In a world where some people seem to believe internet and gaming have separated people I know these things can bring us closer together. For every spiteful asshat on Twitter trying to get RTs by doing something awful there were hundreds donating time, space, and blood to those in need. By the time I got down to Mass General to give blood they were turning people away because they had too many, and I sprinted down there from my apartment.

Hope everybody’s doing well. There are brighter days ahead.

SuperNewb | 8 Recommends

And that's it for today Polynauts. Tune in tomorrow for more Polygon Daily news updates. If you're looking to create a header like the one used up top, then check out the Polygon Daily header thread.

And remember however to subscribe to our @PolygonAll Twitter feed for all breaking news, and @Polynauts for Community updates throughout the day. FALCON PUNCH

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Spinner

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker