Polygon Daily: Off-Topic: Ballz. (Thu 18/4)

ģ̛̛̱͉̮̲͈͖̥̘̯͚͕̌ͪͩ̅ͦ̇̒ͪ͋͛͂͘͡ò̊̑ͩͮ͑͂̐̑͡͡͏̶̞̝̰̱l̸̡̯̹̬̮͕̱̬͉̜͓̟͈̖̳̲͚̆ͦͥͪ̏̒̍ͭ̊͋̃ͤ̚͞ḑ̩̗̪͈̬͚͚͓͎͇̭̳͖̪̯͒ͧ̃̀ͥ̏̌̊̔ͦ͂̉ͬ͑͒ͪ͜͟͞ͅȩ̥̹̫̗̬̟̞̠͔̱ͥ̏ͫͨ͊ͩ͊́ͩ͒̈́̔̑̃̕n̶̵̝̳̯̞͕̣̮̼̲ͬ́̐ͯͧ͊ͨ̔́

Welcome to Polygon Daily. What is this thread you ask? It's your daily Community Off-Topic thread where you're given the floor to talk about anything that's caught your eye over the past 24 hours. Just be sure to stick to the Polygon Community Guidelines, and we'll be ģ̛̛̱͉̮̲͈͖̥̘̯͚͕̌ͪͩ̅ͦ̇̒ͪ͋͛͂͘͡ò̊̑ͩͮ͑͂̐̑͡͡͏̶̞̝̰̱l̸̡̯̹̬̮͕̱̬͉̜͓̟͈̖̳̲͚̆ͦͥͪ̏̒̍ͭ̊͋̃ͤ̚͞ḑ̩̗̪͈̬͚͚͓͎͇̭̳͖̪̯͒ͧ̃̀ͥ̏̌̊̔ͦ͂̉ͬ͑͒ͪ͜͟͞ͅȩ̥̹̫̗̬̟̞̠͔̱ͥ̏ͫͨ͊ͩ͊́ͩ͒̈́̔̑̃̕n̶̵̝̳̯̞͕̣̮̼̲ͬ́̐ͯͧ͊ͨ̔́ folks.

Unlike Tuesday, where SOMEONE jumped the gun before I could get home from the pub, I actually almost forgot today. Good news, at least for me, is my household goods cleared customs\quarantine and were delivered today. Near the end of next month I get to set up all my stuff repaint, lay new carpet, and assemble\arrange new furniture. Oh, and I guess run speaker and network cabling. Whoo!

NEWS

Injustice: Gods Among Us final gameplay videos show Batman vs. Superman by Jenna Pitcher

Firefall public beta coming July 9 by Jenna Pitcher

Dust 514 to receive skill and item system upgrade on May 6 by Jenna Pitcher

Jagged Alliance: Flashback in development, seeking funding through Kickstarter by Michael McWhertor

Watch Daigo Umehara and Seth Killian talk fighting game strategy at NYU Game Center by Michael McWhertor

FEATURES

BitSummit Rising: Japan's Indie Ambassador by Chris Plante

The president and future of Platinum Games by Matt Leone

REVIEWS

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner Soul Hackers

Defiance

FORUM POSTS

RE: Guild Wars 2 Free Weekend Code Giveaway. by Falien

Is Assassin creed brotherhood better than Assassin creed 3? by sallyliu

Comics! Cartoons! Anime! Crisis Vol. 2, No. 12: Irish and Pirates and Spies!... by zombie711

Let's Watch: Nintendo Direct 3DS - April 17 Discussion by Shaun McIlroy

My Experience so far and asking for advice by BreakingPoint0

COTD

War. War never changes.
The Japanese PC-Engine fanboy waging war against Saturnians. Nintendo built a Famicom for it’s cartridge fees. Sony shaped a Playstation and turn the company into a video game heavy corporation.

But war never changes.

In the 21st century, war was still waged over the consoles that we are playing. Only this time, the spoils of war were also its weapons: exclusives and hardware functions. For these features, Bungie will favor Sony, fanboys will spread 720 always online rumors, and the PC gamers would dissolve into arrogant, annoying fan base, bent on controlling the newest graphic cards on Earth.

In 2013, the storm of world war had come again. In two years, most of the gamers were reduced to fanboys. And from the ashes of the internet trolls, a new civilization would struggle to arise.

A few were able to reach the relative safety of the large underground Polygon. Your family was part of that group that entered Polygon. Imprisoned safely behind the large Polygon front page, under a mountain of healthy comments, Polynauts have lived without knowledge of the outside world.

Life in the Polygon is about to change.

Revolurt | 6 Recommends

And that's it for today Polynauts. Tune in tomorrow for more Polygon Daily news updates. If you're looking to create a header like the one used up top, then check out the Polygon Daily header thread.

And remember however to subscribe to our @PolygonAll Twitter feed for all breaking news, and @Polynauts for Community updates throughout the day.

X

forgot?

Please choose a new Polygon username and password

As part of the new Polygon launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to Polygon going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new Polygon username and password

As part of the new Polygon launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to Polygon going forward.

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker