Polygon Daily: 'Speed-Run' Compatibility Enabled (Mon 22/4)

Regular Polygon Daily headers will resume tomorrow.

Today sees the first addition to the Polygon Daily layout for a while, and that update comes in the form of Speed Run. Every day we'll be embedding the latest Speed Run episode for those who don't venture outside of this thread so that you can catch up with the latest news from the games industry. Take a trial run today and drop your thoughts below.

I know we have quite a few lurkers who read the daily off-topic thread, and some have mentioned on other places they have trouble finding a place to jump in if 100, 200 or 500 comments have already been posted.

Here's my advice for those lurkers reading: Jump in, and start a new comment chain.

We'd love it if you dropped in and said hello.

With that said let's crack on with the daily news, and remember: 'Speed Run', 'Speed Run', 'Speed Run'.

What is this thread you ask? It's your daily Community Off-Topic thread where you're given the floor to talk about anything that's caught your eye over the past 24 hours. Just be sure to stick to the Polygon Community Guidelines, and we'll be golden folks.

NEWS

Sly Collection rated by ESRB for possible unannounced PlayStation Vita port by Megan Farokhmanesh

Sir, You Are Being Hunted gameplay videos feature stealthing and shooting by Megan Farokhmanesh

Earth Defense Force 2025 trailer shows off battle gameplay by Megan Farokhmanesh

Mother 3 fan translator offers script free to Nintendo by Megan Farokhmanesh

Dota 2 update introduces new Skywrath Mage hero by Megan Farokhmanesh

FEATURES

The Long Con: High in the Wild with Monaco by Sam Machkovech

REVIEWS

Dead Island Riptide by Justin McElroy | PS3 | Windows (Reviewed) | Xbox 360

Terraria by Phil Kollar | XBLA (reviewed) | PS3 | PS Vita | WIndows

SPEED RUN

FORUM POSTS

Original Bioshock bundled with Infinite? by Black Knight Rebel

How do you play games? Is it about finishing them? Or truly experiencing... by heavenzdevil44

Need an RPG that'll suck me in, and won't let go! by heavenzdevil44

Great couch multiplayer games, for semi-skilled/casual gamers. by heavenzdevil44

Why did Journey the game made many cry? by The_Icon

COTD

Sounds like a drag to me.

FellowMusicFan | 3 Recommends

And that's it for today Polynauts. Tune in tomorrow for more Polygon Daily news updates. If you're looking to create a header like the one used up top, then check out the Polygon Daily header thread.

And remember however to subscribe to our @PolygonAll Twitter feed for all breaking news, and @Polynauts for Community updates throughout the day.

In honor of todays Speed Run inclusion - here's a game-based one you can watch for Donkey Kong Country.