Weekend at Polygon's: Off-Topic: Ermagerd Smarsh! (Sat\Sun 22-23Nov)

Today's header comes to you from Mister Raven

Welcome to Polygon Daily. What is this thread you ask? It's your daily community open thread where you're given the floor to talk about anything that's caught your eye over the past 24 hours. Just be sure to stick to the Polygon community guidelines and we'll be golden, folks.

NEWS

• Double Fine lays off staff as unannounced project falls through by Colin Campbell
  • Eve Online's amazing new trailer focuses on the players and their stories by Ben Kuchera
  • Telltale's Game of Thrones requires six episodes due to its 'scope and scale' by Megan Farokhmanesh
  • How to create Daenerys Targaryen in Dragon Age: Inquisition by Megan Farokhmanesh
  • Riot wants to pay for your League of Legends security hacks and exploits by Ben Kuchera
  • FEATURES

• Timeline: The Evolution Of Halo by Matt Leone
  • REVIEWS

• Far Cry 4 Review: Such Great Heights by Justin McElroy
  • Super Smash Bros For Wii U Review: Crazy Eights by Griffin McElroy
  • Persona Q: Shadow Of The Labyrinth Review: High School Reunion by Megan Farokhmanesh
  • Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire Review: Fresh Paint by Griffin McElroy
  • FORUM POSTS

• Pokémon Discussions - Trumpets by KajunBowser
  • Which DS to get for wife? by Cracklebot
  • Which platform has the best online community and why? by Julia Alexander
  • COTD

…I don’t know. I’ve never been this conflicted before. Or tired. Or just… I dunno. It feels weird.

Time for a story…

So, got up just after 9:30am, figured I could make it to EB Games by about 10am… of course, factor in getting dressed, making sure I have everything, getting myself ready… takes a bit longer. Left around 9:45/50am.

The walk to the store was actually kind of nice. Not too terribly cold, and no wind. That’s the best part. Trust me, it could be -10 celsius, but as long as there isn’t any wind, I don’t care. Windchill is a bitch :P. As someone who used to live in Alberta, windchill is the bane of your existence out West :x.

Got the store a little after 10:15am (half an hour walk). Okay, here’s a funny thing. Since today is the day when both Pokemon ORAS and Smash Bros. Wii U are released, it basically wound up being, "Pokemon or Smash?". Of course, for me it’s Pokemon, so that went well. First disappointment: box was still white :P. I’ve seen pictures of the boxart being a different colour, so I thought, "oh cool", they’re colouring the boxes now! NO! Of course we get shafted… again!

*big sigh

Anyhow…

Walked over to Wal-Mart, figured they probably wouldn’t have any more of the Super Mario 3D World bundles, so I wouldn’t have to worry about spending money today, hehe. Of course, that’s exactly what happened… then I remembered something. On the website, the bundle is with either the Mario 3D World bundle… or the Mario Kart 8 Bundle… which they had plenty of. I figured I’d ask anyways, wouldn’t hurt to check, right? They said it should work, and I figured, "if it doesn’t work, oh well, not getting it today. Next time". Of course… it does work…

And of course my backpack is just slightly smaller than the bundle :P.

Then the walk back involved snow, lots and lots of snow. Falling.

So… let’s just end it with my "tax" for this…

No, no Smash yet. I already spent more than I was supposed to today.

by Cobaltios - 11 Recommends

And that's it for today Polynauts. Tune in tomorrow for more Polygon Daily news updates. If you're looking to create a header like the one used up top, then check out the Polygon Daily header thread.

And remember however to subscribe to our @Polygon Twitter feed for all breaking news, and @Polynauts for community updates throughout the day.