Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)

Today's header comes to you from darknightgotham

Welcome to Polygon Daily. What is this thread you ask? It's your daily Community Off-Topic thread where you're given the floor to talk about anything that's caught your eye over the past 24 hours. Just be sure to stick to the Polygon Community Guidelines, and we'll be golden folks.

NEWS

Picross e4 hits Nintendo 3DS May 1 by Jenna Pitcher

Developers from CCP Games to wrestle MMA fighter during Eve Fanfest by Samit Sarkar

Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day launches today in Australia and Europe by Dave Tach

Multiplayer coming to Injustice: Gods Among Us mobile by Megan Farokhmanesh

BloodRayne: Crimson Slayer is the Japanese version of BloodRayne: Betrayal by Samit Sarkar

Xbox One arrives Sept. 4 in Japan by Jenna Pitcher

Accessibility Arcade for disabled gamers opens April 26 at the University of Toronto by Dave Tach

Call of Duty 2014 first look teased by Sledgehammer Games by Michael McWhertor

SOE All Access delayed again, rescheduled for April 29 by Megan Farokhmanesh

The Walking Dead for PS4, Xbox One listed at GameStop by Dave Tach

REVIEWS

Fract OSC

Starbound

Octodad: Dadliest Catch

FORUM POSTS

Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS by darknightgotham

Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April) by Polynauts

Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3 by Sterling Smith

Project Spark Love by Marc Selwan

Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games? by ChickenPawks

COTD

It felt only right to highlight all three of these.

Good morning folks at PD!
Good news, and bad: So, the good news is that the amount of teasing and general jackassery that you each are subjected to is going to decrease substantially. I am walking away from gaming, and Polygon Daily is included in that package. Time is a limited resource, and I am spending it playing games, thinking about games, and generally not accomplishing much instead of taking care of my family. It is just time to grow up and take care of what is important. I still like games, but I can’t stay partially involved in the community; that’s just not how I operate.
It’s not you, it’s me: I have really enjoyed all of the people in PD, and will miss you. I am not fed up with the community, or feel like I don’t belong. I just need a clean break, and talking about gaming would just draw me back in.
The test: I am taking a full week break from gaming. My wife insisted (rightly so) that I test out dropping the habit before I sell all my stuff. My intention is to do a goodbye post one week from now, after spending a week without any video games. The gold standard is that I have to not be an unbearable areshole for a week as well. If you see me in here in less than a week, or I start commenting again next week, know that I have utterly failed. Feel free to bring the pain at that point.
The list: I am going to sell everything gaming related that will lure me back in. I will be selling my 46" TV (moving the 32" back upstairs for the kids), the sound system (nothing special), the PS4, one of two PS3s, my PS Vita, My X360, and my Wii. All games and accessories will be jumping ship. I will be holding onto the one PS3 as a Netflix and Blu-ray player for the kids and wife. I will wipe it, and probably start a new account so I cannot re-download any games.

I’m not looking for pity, or to be convinced either way. I thought it would be respectful to give you all, who I consider friends, a heads up. For anyone thinking that there will be a Sabre-shaped hole in PD that needs to be filled, don’t. You will get on just fine without replacing one insufferable jerk with another. That hole? Fill it in and plant a tree over it. Or salt the earth. Whatever. See you in a week.

Sabre Swinger | 9 Recommends

Yeah, well, autocorrect is a ducking piece of sit.

mintycrys | 14 Recommends

Well, hopefully this time it will cease and decyst!

Pojodin | 12 Recommends

And that's it for today Polynauts. Tune in tomorrow for more Polygon Daily news updates. If you're looking to create a header like the one used up top, then check out the Polygon Daily header thread.

And remember however to subscribe to our @Polygon Twitter feed for all breaking news, and @Polynauts for community updates throughout the day.

Loading poll...