Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders

What's that? We broke 1K again? It's becoming quite the usual thing on Plight isn't it? Neat.

Hey, since a lot of stuff has happened my Plight is not ready yet so this a...well...placeholder thread. Worry not, your regular content will resume shortly :)

Worry not, this placeholder will be different, instead of focusing on greatest hits-like things like the normal Plight schedule, why not highlight what's great right now? AKA: stuff that is airing/releasing now. Without more random words, let's carry on.

COMICS - A SILENT VOICE/Koe no Katachi

So this was recommended to me here, and I had no idea what to expect. Read through through it all 'till the current chapter and...damn. Not for the faint of heart, this series presents the harsh lives of two people: a girl who has been bullied all her life because of her deafness, and a boy who tries to atone for all the harm he has done. Since a young age, they each live a huge impact in each others lives, and not neccesarily in a good way. Years later, they are reunited. I don't want to spoil much, but it's a really great series. I've never read much manga, this being like the third series I've actually started reading; but this one is worth your time.

A Silent Voice can be read on Crunchyroll

CURRENT COMIC NEWS:

What's the biggest comic book announcement of late? Most probably Marvel's Avengers NOW! 2015 movement, which sees some pretty big changes to Marvel's lead characters. And most importantly, this is all in the main continuity. Thor becomes unworthy and another person wields the hammer, being the first time a woman possesses the power of Mjolnir (I cannot begin to describe how tired I am of people publishing articles with "Thor got a sex change!!" as a headline...it baffles the mind how they didn't even read the damn press release). Steve Rogers loses his super soldier serum and so becomes unable to continue on as Captain America, so the mantle is passed to his friend Sam Wilson, previously known as the Falcon. Iron Man shares Extremis...with everyone. And a lot of people aren't happy with that choice.

Also, a lot of focus on other characters like Winter Soldier, Doctor Strange and Ant-Man, who have/will be featured in movies going forward. The biggest question is simple...will it last? Or will the status quo resume once Avengers: Age of Ultron rolls around?

CARTOONS: LEGEND OF KORRA, BOOK 3 - CHANGE

Korra is definitely my favorite thing on TV right now. This series is back and stronger than ever as Korra sets on a globe trotting quest. After Harmonic Convergence, new airbenders are waking up around the world. Setting out to find them so Tenzin can train them, Korra gets caught up in treachery and old threats. See, not every man who woke up an airbender has good intentions. The villains this season are by far the most interesting foils Korra has ever had, and they easily prove to be quite a threat. Also featuring the return of old favorites like Zuko (!) and more development to characters like Lin, this season is shaping up to be one of the best in Avatar history.

ANIME: JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE - STARDUST CRUSADERS

Description coming soon. I'll have it up as soon as it's ready. Hang in there :)

Watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

ANIME NEWS: SUMMER SEASON

This section also coming soon. Probably on the regular update day.

Plight Schedule.

The featured header file (Photoshop 5)

The main Plight header file (Photoshop 5)