Tell Us Your Story

So the other day me and several of the regulars over in the Plight thread were telling our stories. Our story of how we got into anime specifically. Lots of great stories, many different takes on the subject. I felt like maybe we should expand this storytelling into all of Polygon. So I encourage everyone to write up a story about why you got into something. It could be anime, movies, video games, or even a physical hobby like interpretive dance.Anything kind of story you want to write but as long as it has impacted your life in someway, well preferably.

Let's go ahead and lay down some ground rules for posting here.

• There is no required length of story. It would be five sentences or five paragraphs. Write however much you need to tell the story.
  • No insulting or making fun of someone's story. You can make a joke if you want but it must be done in good fun. No personal attacks. I ask the mods to remove any comment that appears to be a personal attack on someone.
  • Try to make it a story that has impacted your life in a positive way. Anime got you over your shyness or video games helped me fight depression. You don't need to get super personal if you do not want to. I'll leave that up to the storyteller.
  • Try to take this seriously please. No fake stories or at least if you are going to fake it, make it believable.
  • It can be a story about anything you want it to be. No restriction of topic

Other than that have fun with it guys. I'm hoping to see some really interesting stories unfold from the rest of Polygon.

Random Dude Out!