Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 9

XX:XX.1X

Welcome to Polygon Daily. What is this thread you ask? It's your daily Community Off-Topic thread where you're given the floor to talk about anything that's caught your eye over the past 24 hours. Just be sure to stick to the Polygon Community Guidelines, and we'll be golden folks.

NEWS

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire players get their own Secret Bases by Jenna Pitcher

Evo 2014 tournament stream schedule details three days of fighting game action by Jenna Pitcher

NASCAR '14 will let you test out a new racing format before everyone else by Megan Farokhmanesh

PlayStation TV series 'Powers' gets director for first two episodes by Samit Sarkar

Battlefield 4 gnashes its Dragon's Teeth July 15 by Jenna Pitcher

Here's where to get D&D's Basic Rules for free by Dave Tach

QuakeCon attendees can donate blood to get The Evil Within goods by Alexa Ray Corriea

Not even Anime Expo goers are safe from Luigi's death stare by Megan Farokhmanesh

Dwarf Fortress gets first major update in two years by Dave Tach

Bloodborne is coming next year, but first you can play it at Gamescom by Megan Farokhmanesh

FEATURES

What it feels like to launch an indie hit by Chris Plante

REVIEWS

WildStar

FORUM POSTS

Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 8 by Shaun McIlroy

Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 14: Beast War-Riors by Cobaltios

Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 13: Part 2 - the Overflow by Cobaltios

COTD

So, after yesterday’s "intermission" I’m going to continue my photo series. Since there’s only two episodes left tomorrow will be the last one. For today the theme will be "Roadside peddlers."

Want to build a car? It doesn't need to be a car

So I found out that Hot Wheels toys are manufactured in Malaysia, and because of that we got a lot of hot wheel toys for cheap here since we are neighboring with them. Thus we can get a lot of limited editions easy.

I wish cars are sold like this

I mean seriously every Sunday I can find at least 4 peddlers who sell Hot Wheels toys.

Fit to equip an ancient army

This guy looks like a graduated from Billy Mays School of marketing. This guy wear a headset with mic and pretty loud in selling his wares. That is blades and the likes. WANT TO START A WAR? GET THESE MACHETES! BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE!

I'm selling cool rabbits and cool cats

This guy is selling rabbits LIKE A BOSS.

No young man, this umbrella is not for sissy boy like you

Oh man this guy is a riot! He’s half deaf and selling cheap paper umbrellas. I had to yell all the time when I asked him permission to take his pic and he keep misunderstood what I said.

Mysterious peddler with mysterious merchandise

This is one of the weirdest peddler I met. He sold miscellaneous items. Broken phones, Rings with cheap stones, Broken watches, old money, little knives, perfume etc etc. He doesn’t speak much. He just…. stared at me.

Brrrh……

Gigawings | 12 Recommends

And that's it for today Polynauts. Tune in tomorrow for more Polygon Daily news updates. If you're looking to create a header like the one used up top, then check out the Polygon Daily header thread.

And remember however to subscribe to our @Polygon Twitter feed for all breaking news, and @Polynauts for community updates throughout the day.

Loading poll...
X

forgot?

Please choose a new Polygon username and password

As part of the new Polygon launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to Polygon going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new Polygon username and password

As part of the new Polygon launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to Polygon going forward.

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.
Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5353_tracker